Monday, February 1, 2010

Gator Board Foam - The Advantage of Light Weight Watercolor Stretching Board

During my youth I started to become seriously committed to art as a passion and a hobby. I am one of those who tends to dabble in multiple mediums during certain periods of time. I will use Charcoals for a while then switch to pencils and then spend seven months painting. My true passion has always been watercolor painting. The discovery of gator board foam is one of the best things that has happened to my artistic experience.

I enjoy painting on location or outdoors when possible. I even enjoy being able to bring my watercolor painting stretched on gator board foam to the kitchen table for detail work.

The use of gator board foam for watercolor paper stretching has made the watercolor painting process so portable and enjoyable I find myself focusing mainly on watercolors. The gator board foam that I use and sell is 1/2" thick which provides enough rigidity to properly stretch the paper. However, the gator board foam is unbelievabley light weight allowing the artist to take the painting anywhere without the weight of a wood board or a watercolor block.

Please take the time to look at the artists pack of gator board foam available for purchse. You will love the smooth wrinkle free paintings you can produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment